Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fear And Anger

Title: "Fear And Anger"
Media: Ink on white paper

Description:

This was a project done in 2D design. The words that rapped around the figure's face was "fear" and "anger". This piece was executed in a self-portrait format. My approach was to create this piece in the most human flesh and 3D like face to express the emotion and to give as much information and content to the viewers. I like this project because I was able to study the face structure and to have self-disciplines on my part.

2 comments:

Nou Chee Her said...

Your first piece is probably of my favorites from you. And it looks a lot better in the original versus the image. The overall composition, such as placing a frame around the work is great, because that's what a lot of Hmong fabric art does also. The culture aspect is great, in addition to the narrative part.

Your wood project was well done. Since I had a chance to see and carried it, I know how sturdy/and how fragile it can be. And it's yourself on wood, what can be better than that?

Out of all the text portrait, I think yours has a really unique taste to it. Both the words used and the expression of the portrait works very well. Most of the others I've seen in the glass display usually has general expression. Yours really screams out directly. For a art piece, I think it's a great portrait.

Unknown said...

This work is really neat. The fact that you used the words "fear" and "anger" are really interesting and work very well with the expression in the piece. It's nice to see something with such a dramatic facial expression instead of just a typical straight faced portrait.