Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Beginning Of A Secret Journey

Title: "The Beginning Of A Secret Journey"
Media: Acrylic Paint on Wood Panel

Description:

This was a project done in Painting 1. It is a narrative painting that base on the Hmong Refugees. This painting shows some symbolisms that talks about the secret journey. I gave the title "The Beginning of A Secret Journey" because the Hmong people are rarely heard off. To this day a lot of the people in the US still don't recall what or who the Hmong people are. I believe this is my favorite piece out of all the projects that I had worked on. I most like about this piece are the colors and the symbolism that it conveys. I enjoyed working on this piece because I was able to communicate and express about myself and my people.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is a very nice painting, I like the way the composition is almost like a landscape. And the varying styles of simplified forms to the more realistic ones.
Nice bold colors too.

MeganHarder said...

I notice the shadow the rib and spinal bone creates on the background
I notice the gap where the rib and the spinal bone meet
I notice a similar line thickness with the part closest to the viewer and the part farthest away
I notice the level of clarity in the spinal bone fades as it recedes in space

Tim said...

here are the "Notice" statements from class

3 dark areas repeated in each of the drawings
Top drawing is mostly linear
Three dark values are different from the rest of the drawing
Marks used to describe shadow plane are in a different direction than the plane itself
The line representing planar change drawn in an upright direction towards
The darker lines represent the closer planes
Line variation creates change in depth and focus
Line weight is creating space
A similar shape happening in all of the shapes along the top of the vertebrae, variation of one shape
I notice the use of the concave and convex lines creating separation from the vertebrae and the rib
The body of the vertebrae is shown only in the bottom view
The left side of the vertebrae is more fluid than the more bumpy right side
The line along the top plane and the back plane is in one direction
The lines defining the two planes are at a similar angle
I notice cross contour lines
S shape marks indicate a curving angle
The point of views of the two drawings is different representation
Shadows are representing views and subtle differences between forms

Xai With Glasses said...

I notice the thick contrast around your edges are on one side and some light edges on the oppositle side.
I notice a shadow created by a light source coming from the right angle and downwards.
I notice contour lines moving and curving in different directions to create a sense
of form and 3D feel.
I notice some light pencil marks and smears around the entire drawing.
I notice the rib runs off the page and dissapears